Am working on preparing myself for the Great Adventure home. Remember all those old dog movies about the animals wandering all across the country trying to get back to their owners?
I make that look like a walk in the park.
Fortunately, however, I am not yet to the part where I am actually required to have any interactions with others.
Currently, I am in the Music Preparation Stage. This is quite a process, and means a lot of iTunes research. (It also can be very embarrassing, as when deciding whether or not a song is decent, one must first play it… People are always inevitably present when the worst song possible begins to play.)
Leaving a country is always incredibly awkward. Tend to do it all wrong, anyway. For instance, said goodbye to my host brother today. In my towel. Mind was so filled with the fact that I WAS WEARING A TOWEL that I couldn’t come up with any good Spanish goodbye phrases, so I came off looking out like a major jerk.
People tend to spend their last day wandering around the city, taking pictures, and crying.
I’ve spent it… Not quite like that.
This afternoon has been filled with How I Met Your Mother. (Which was super exciting, as it turns out, because Argentina is featured in the beginning of season three! And it has Enrique Iglesias. Kind of blew my mind.)
At any rate, it will be strange to be gone. No longer will I be able to blame my social awkwardness on a language barrier. Gone are the days of being whistled at by strange men while going for my walk (if you’re picturing Cute Workout Barbie, try to picture more Elderly Woman in Atrocious Sweatpants).
I was recently reminded that I began my entire experience here with a That’s What She Said joke. I know when I get back into town, everyone will ask me if I’ve changed.
But of course, I’ll say. It was great – just wish it had lasted longer!
That’s what she said.
Virginia,
ReplyDeletewhen are you heading home? I LOVED the last comment you made and then the "thats what she said right after it" haha Love ya girl!